In order to keep myself on track at school (there is usually someone that wants to go party or go out somewhere) I created a list of some of the goals I hope to accomplish as well as some of the current career paths I want to explore. They’re vague and few in number for right now, but I am sure the list will grow in the future.
- Find myself. To really, truly discover what I want to do this summer and the rest of my career, or at least as close to it as possible.
- Improve myself. There are so many ways in which I can learn from the resources around me.
- Step away from my comfort zone. During my core semester (and working with the same core team for each group project) I will take on tasks that I am probably least apt to tackle.
- Organize something to be proud of. I have a few ideas of conferences, panels, or events that I want to plan. While it’s in the early stages, I really hope to get to them sometime this year.
- Meet someone new everyday. There are 396 MBAs in the class of 2011. A large enough number to intimidate me - but few enough to make knowing each one of them a possibility. I was told we could know ~all 2010, 2011, and 2012 MBAs by the time we graduate, but it will be a hard task.
- Management consulting - the most probable but also the most typical
- High Tech - product management of a “light” software company would be both fun and rewarding
- Supply-Chain - would defintely let MIT Sloan’s true strengths shine
- Media - not likely but something I want to explore
- Entrepreneurship - something I will reserve for later in my career even though I am starting the Entrepreneurship & Innovation Track.